Monday 23 December 2013

Merry Christmas!

In spite of family traditions being gradually challenged and shifted over the past few years, one thing that hasn't and won't change is how much my extended family and I are moved by beautiful renditions of 'Oh Holy Night.' We used to always sing it together at midnight on December 24th, the 20-30 of us, and then celebrate over a glass of champagne or two. Above is perhaps my favourite version besides - of course - the one sung by my maternal family members, who all have very beautiful voices. I'm currently in Hull with my parents, eating good food, drinking tea, and watching copious amounts of Astérix cartoons - I hope your holidays are just as pleasant. Merry Christmas! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear reader, thank you for sharing your thoughts. I do my best to respond to all comments in a timely manner, and although I sometimes may be slow, you can be sure they will all be answered by the time a new post has been published.